SiTek Electro-Optics, manufacturer of Position Sensitive Detectors (PSD) was founded under the name Sitek Laboratories in 1976 as a spin-off from Chalmers Technical University in Gothenburg Sweden. The discovery of the Lateral Photo came with the founding and the development of the first PSD by Prof. Wallmark was a fact. Today in a constantly expanding market, SiTek has gained a worldwide reputation as a constantly developing manufacturer of advanced PSD’s.
Research and development of tailor made Position Sensitive Detectors (PSD) and fast PSD electronics.
There are multiple application areas using the PSD:
- non-contact distance measurement system (triangulation)
- alignment and surface level measurement
- position and motion measurement system
- optical spectrum analyzer
- three-dimensional machine vision (contour mapping)
- angle measurement system
- advanced facilities with clean room conditions
- intensive research & development